Associate Photographer Application
Whether you’re looking to join our team full time or you’re looking to fill some free weekends, we’d love to discuss the possibility of you joining our team as a lead, second, or third shooter.
As you may know, our team is composed of two master photographers and a group of very talented associate photographers. Each associate is carefully selected for their combination of talent, creativity, and personality. If you contact us about second shooting and we fail to get back to you, we apologize. We only check our list of applications when we have a need. However, feel free to express your interest below; and we will contact you if and when you are needed.
We’re located in Cincinnati, OH, but we shoot weddings and events all over the globe. We shoot the majority of our weddings right here in the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Area. Another 15% are shot in Lexington, 15% in Dayton, and 10% in destination locations. With that said, the majority of our associate needs are for photographers located in the OH/KY area, but we still require talented shooters in these other areas 3 to 5 times a year.
There are three important qualifications for all of our associates.
- Great personality – This doesn’t necessarily mean the most talkative or outgoing personality. However, both our clients and our lead photographers appreciate honest, genuine, and easy-to-work-with individuals.
- Minimum Equipment – We’re strong believers in a true photographer’s abilities to create lasting imagery with minimal equipment. However, with that said, the wedding industry is a client serving industry, and with that comes the importance of client perception. As such, we’ve established a minimum set of equipment, as well as a preferred set of equipment. In order to be an associate of AKP, we require you to have access to, either by owning, borrowing, or renting, the following equipment.
- Camera Body:
- Minimum – Canon 5D Mark II and above, Nikon D700 and above, Sony a7 and above
- Preferred – Canon 5D Mark III and above, Nikon D750 and above, Sony a7R and above
- Minimum – At least one fast, fixed-aperture zoom lens (24-70mm f/2.8 or f/4, or 70-200mm either f/2.8 or f/4)
- Preferred – Full set of fast lenses at fixed apertures, including a 50mm, 24-70mm f/2.8, and 70-200mm f/2.8
- Minimum – Canon 430EX or Nikon SB700
- Preferred – Canon 600EX-RT or Nikon SB910, Flash Diffuser, PocketWizards or other wireless flash triggers
- Minimum – 16GB of storage of any brand
- Preferred – 128GB of storage in total. Lexar Professional brands preferred
- Camera Body:
- Creativity + Technical Skills – The last qualification is possessing both creativity and technical skills. These are developed over time with experience and training, but in general, it’s important that you start with a minimum foundation of these two skills upon which we can build.
HOW TO GET STARTED
To get started, we ask that you submit the form below. If you are chosen, we’ll give you a call to chat about your goals, expectations, etc.
We look forward to hearing from you.